Toggle
In Ghana, tailgating is called “bumper to bumper”. Tailgating is the dangerous practice of following very close to the vehicle in front. In most circumstances a proper gap is 2 seconds long for every kilometer per hour. Tailgating has caused a number of road crashes especially on the motorway. This is because speed delays your reaction time in stopping and therefore your braking increases. You would definitely need a longer room in front of you to stop.

Some drivers deliberately drive closely to you. When you notice this, please tap on your brakes gently for your brake lights to come on. This is an indication to the driver behind to know that, he is too close to you.

Do not be a tailgater. Leave a proper 2 second "time to react" gap under all normal circumstances, and more in bad weather. On motorways you might be delayed by a slower vehicle that fails to move into a clear space to its left. In this case I recommend following at the usual two seconds and occasionally flashing your headlights to remind the slower vehicle ahead that you are there.

Some drivers might interpret the headlight flash as aggressive driving, but this is made less likely if you maintain a proper gap and only flash occasionally, perhaps once every 30 seconds.

Tailgating is an offence and the police must deal with the tailgaters. Tailgating is a dangerous practice on our roads. If tailgating were reduced by a combination of education and enforcement our roads would clearly become safer. Remember not to tailgate.

RE: Tailgating
Answer
16/11/11 13:38 as a reply to Cecil Garbrah.
Airport juction coming from my office near Goldfields Gh towards the traffic lights on the main road everyday after 05:00pm is a nightmare. Vehicles joining from the diplomatic shop and the Chinese embassy fail to give way to us who are on the mains resulting in accidents. Everyday people loose their front bumpers through struggle and the stupidity of these iliterate taxi and useless trotro drivers. I suggest these idiotic drivers should be given stiffer punishments for their stupidity................................

Answer
16/11/11 13:40 as a reply to Cecil Garbrah.
So what do we do dear?!!! It's a shame I couldn't drive in Ghana. Help if you can pls. You can only do just one thing a day if it comes to Ghana all due to traffic.

Answer
05/07/13 01:06 as a reply to Cecil Garbrah.
In Ghana, tailgating is called “bumper to bumper”. Tailgating is the dangerous practice of following very close to the vehicle in front. In most circumstances a proper gap is 2 seconds long for every kilometer per hour. Tailgating has caused a number of road crashes especially on the motorway. This is because speed delays your reaction time in stopping and therefore your braking increases. You would definitely need a longer room in front of you to stop.

Some drivers deliberately drive closely to you. When you notice this, please tap on your brakes gently for your brake lights to come on. This is an indication to the driver behind to know that, he is too close to you.

Do not be a tailgater. Leave a proper 2 second

© 2010-2018 GhanaDriver.com | Contact us